Re: 9iAS Version 9.0.2.0.1 OC4J and OPMN Problems

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:43:49 -0400

I have installed 902 on a Solaris server that was already running another Oracle 8.1.7 database.

The only issues were that I had to move the 8.1.7 listener to a different port, and give it a different name (i.e. LISTENER_817), and had to crank up some parameters in /etc/system. You also need a "local_listener" entry in the 8.1.7 init.ora to tell it the non-standard listener address, so it can register when it starts up.

--Peter