Re: ORA-17059

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:37:39 -0400

hmmm .. don't remember ever seeing that error. If you think that it is being caused by a particular data. Try finding out what data it is.
Then do this query in oracle:

select col_name, dump(col_name)
from the_table
where .... <appropriate where clause>
/

See if the data has non-us7ascii data in it?

Java... afaik .. works in ucs2 charset ... so it might be trying to convert the us7ascii data into ucs2 .. and fails in that. 17059 is a jdbc error code.

If you don't set nls_lang .. it should default to us7ascii in solaris.

Anurag