Re: 9iAS Version 9.0.2.0.1 OC4J and OPMN Problems

From: unknown <nobody_at_blackhole.nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 18:11:14 +0200

On Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:11:56 +0200, Karin wrote:

> Hi all together,
> We just installed the newest version of 9iAS. The installation didn't
> cause problems. Everything looks to be okay. But when the configuration
> assistant started we got problems. The configuration assistant for the
> OC4J instance and the OPMN failed. It said, that 6 of 7 processes could
> only be started. During this configuration the /var/tmp directory
> increased heavily. We decided to go on with the SDK installation,
> because we thought, that we could configure these two components later.
> But that was not the case. So we rebooted the server and tried to
> startup everything manual using a startup guide from Oracle. But we
> cannot get the d... thing up again. Does anybody had similar problems?
> If yes, could you fixed them and how? We are using HP/UX 11.0 on an
> A-Class server. Thanks for all help. Cheers,
> Karin

I have seen that, albeit on Linux. Invariably, on Linux this meant that I had failed to comply with all the required prerequisite steps (kernel parms, binutils, etc.).

Are you using the new, patched version or the old version when you had to patch the infrastructure database youself?

--
Cheers,

dmz17 --- If I had an Xbox it would run Linux ---