Re: Oracle 9iAS Kernel Parameters

From: Gabriele Conrad <nc-conradga_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:29:47 +0200

"José Arango" <arango_at_caribe.net> schrieb
> I'm doing the pre-installation requirements for Oracle 9iAS Release 2 on
> SuSE SLES 7. There are three kernel parameters -mentioned on the
> installation guide- that I can't find on the /proc/sys/kernel directory.
>
> These are: shmvmx, shmmin and shmseg. Does anyone know how/where can I
> change the values for these parameters?

The easiest way to do this is to get yourself the orarun.rpm from SuSE (see
http://www.suse.de/en/business/certifications/certified_software/oracle/db/9i_sl es7.html
for the url)
this rpm contains the start-script for oracle which automatically sets the kernel-paramerters Received on Wed Sep 04 2002 - 02:29:47 CDT