Re: import SQL script to Oracle at AIX

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 4 Sep 2002 05:39:33 -0700

gapming_at_hotmail.com (gapming) wrote in message news:<f2c17b82.0209032109.581cf26b_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have generate SQL script from MS SQL Server database.
> I want to import it into Oracle at AIX, what is the procedures?
> Also for the data in SQL Server, how can I import to Oracle database?
>
> Thank you very much.

1 - Create the tables in Oracle then use the ability of SQLserver to access Oracle via ODBC by declaring the Oracle tables to SQLserver after which you can insert into the Oracle tables from SQLserver

2 - Extract the SQLserver data as comma delimited files and use Oracle's sqlldr program to import the data

There are probably other options but these two are probably the two most common being that they are straight forward approaches and involve only minor coding.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Sep 04 2002 - 07:39:33 CDT