reducing archive logs generation with nologging option

From: Rangesh Kona <rkona_at_cadence.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 17:00:51 -0700

Hi,
My database instance is having three schema's which are named as global, local and applic
Data for global and local is fed from CRM application tables. Any DML operation on CRM application tables is mirrored to our tables. global and local doesn't require any recovery as these table data is always available on CRM side.
but applic schema tables are critical for us. Can we create global and local schema tables with nologging option. Is this recommended method of doing it because we need applic schema tables to be recovered with in few hours.
Does Oracle recommends Keeping few tables with nologging option and other with logging option.
please provide me with as much information as you can. thanks in advance.
Rangesh Received on Tue Sep 03 2002 - 19:00:51 CDT