Re: How to know the rows processed

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 20:31:36 GMT

Tong Li wrote:

> Hello there,
> I am using win2k and oracle9i.
> What I am doing is inserting data into T2 from T1.
> During the processing time, when the error occurred, the sql
> statemestopped. My question is: how can I know that how many rows had been
> processed?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Tina

You give absolutely no information as to how you are doing it so any help will be general.

If you are doing this with a single SQL statement the answer is ... you can't.

If doing it with a cursor, in a loop, place a block inside the loop with an exception clause and have it insert the problem record into another table.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Sep 03 2002 - 15:31:36 CDT