Latch Ratio is high???

From: boverton <boverton_at_sigecom.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 17:00:02 -0500

I'm a newbie working with Oracle so any constructive help would be appreciated. I've ran the latchratio.sql script. According to the documentation I've been reading the latch ratio should be below 1%. I've pasted my results here
CHILD# LATCH RATIO

      8  8.4301E-06
      7  8.8306E-06
      6  4.8073E-06
      5  .000008436
      4  6.0232E-06
      3  6.4327E-06
      2  3.2106E-06
      1  5.2235E-06

It appears that my ratios are higher than what is recommended. Can anyone offer some insight into this? Should I increase the number of latches as my documentation states? Thanks for the help. Received on Tue Sep 03 2002 - 17:00:02 CDT