Re: Get more practice tables

From: John Russell <netnews4_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:18:51 GMT

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:57:37 -0400, "Kate" <xkate12_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I post this because when I read the Oracle PL/SQL User's Guide, it uses the
>the tables such as Inventory, Purchase_record, Accounts and etc., so I guess
>there must be some scripts we must run in order to produce these tables. It
>seem Oracle has no any scripts except scott to offer users any more tables.

It's because there were so many variations of emp / dept / inventory / etc. that different groups had come up with, that these were formalized into the "sample schemas" in 9i.

There are a lot of setup scripts embedded in the documentation. Here's one from an 8.1.7 XML book that sets up some customer, inventory, etc. tables (without any big XML dependencies that I can see):

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/appdev.817/a86030/adx13b11.htm#1014721

John Received on Tue Sep 03 2002 - 16:18:51 CDT