Re: Database Structure

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:03:47 +0100

You need (at least)

Oracle Concepts
Oracle Application Developers
Oracle Administrators Guide
Oracle Tuning

all available at tahiti.oracle.com
"Paul Gaggl" <Paul.Gaggl_at_wifo.ac.at> wrote in message news:3D734719.AC1AD219_at_wifo.ac.at...
Hey!

Does anyone know a good documentation or tutorial on "how to design a good database structure" in oracle, i.e. for what reason do i create a new database? What should be in one tablespace? How many schemes should there be for what purpose?

For example I want to know if there is a major loss of performance if I want to access data from two databases. If this is a serious performance
problem I would make one database out of two etc.

regards
Paul Gaggl

Österreichisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung     WIFO

Name: Paul Gaggl Postadresse: Postfach  91
Tel.:   +43-1-7982601-229 A-1103  Wien
Fax:    +43-1-7989386 Standort: Arsenal Objekt 20
Mail: gaggl_at_wifo.ac.at A-1030  Wien

http://www.wifo.ac.at/