Re: UTL_SMTP on O817@netware

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2002 09:07:43 -0700

In article <3D7384E2.2040308_at_interia.KILLSPAM.pl>, Jarek says...

>Anyone succeed with sending mail from Oracle 8.1.7 on Netware5 ?
>I'm trying to use UTL_SMTP following docs an still got error:
>421 Service not available.
>We use same database on WinNT and there is no problem with sending mail fomr
>within database.
>
>--
>Jaroslaw Palka <jpalka_at_interia.KILLSPAM.pl>
>Katowice POLAND <Remove KILLSPAM from address >

that is a SMTP error -- it actually indicates that UTL_SMTP is working (you connected to the server and got an error back from it)

see
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc821.html
for example.

That SMTP server is probably not configured -- look at the SMTP host/port you are using and compare that to the win/nt one. I'll bet they are different. Set them to be the same and try again.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/