Re: Returning "system views" as tables.

From: Jeffrey <jeffkretz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2002 19:20:29 -0700

Thank much. I have looked through the Oracle Reference. I suspect that there is a setting in the ODBC Driver for oracle that would solve this.

When I run the following command:

SELECT * FROM ALL TABLES I can actually see the specific system tables (about 8 in all) that I have been given access to. As well, I can see three tables that are owned by "SCOTT".

The weird thing is that when I try to visually browse the available databases, only the SCOTT tables are visible. The other 8 system tables do not show up.

By visually browse, I mean from within a linked server in MSSQLServer and from within Dreamweaver. Each of these 8 system tables have from 30-65 fields each, and have such unintuitive names as CUS_CRD_DEX_ENCODE_2. Pulling my queries together visually would make my life easier.

Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle version 2.0 had a setting called "Return system
views as system table". The current version (2.5) does not.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks,
Jeffrey