Re: Boy, did I have fun or what?...

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 2 Sep 2002 01:30:00 -0700

Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<uofbh3sog.fsf_at_hotpop.com>...
> On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam wrote:

> And if you need anymore positive reports, VNC is slick.
>
> I have used it directly as Billy has described. Leave a machine with a
> VNC server running somewhere, log into the VNC server running on that
> box from somewhere else and you have the first machine's desktop on the
> machine you are currently viewing.
>
> Use sparingly on a dialup, it has to move around a boatload of graphics.

If you're on dialup, try tightvnc. That's modified version on VNC for using on slow networks. Pretty good, you can reduce colors, use different types of commpresion etc. Also seems to me like timeouts are higher, so you will not lose connection so frequently on bad connections.
All other functions are the same. Address is www.tightvnc.com.

Regards

P.S. (to previous mailers): Heh, no need to tell me about bad days. This day is my first in the office after vacation. Everyone seems to moved somewhere else, i'm in new position, new PC with no support stuff (and no net cable), 1.5m long power cords, my notebook request stuffed in the middle of paper flow machine, traffic in my city still disrupted by recent flooding, and english lessons are scheduled on the other end of city. I'd like these returns. :-))))

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.