Re: noarchivelog recovery

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 10:23:29 +0200

Most important thing is that you make a copy of all online redolog files as soon as possible after the incident. Looks like the copy of the files you made "one hour after" is the best.
Depending on how much activity took place in that hour and the size of the redolog files, the timestamp before the deletion is or is no more in the redologfiles.
Unfortunately you did an open resetlogs so you can't get any info from the current database (v$log, v$loghistory).

You could use Logminer utility to reconstruct the deleted data from the redologs - provided the info is in it.
You can run logminer on any database to analyze the redologs you saved. (Although I had problems to read redologs from Solaris under Windows NT, so you must use the same platform, Oracle version can be same or higher). A search with "logminer" on Metalink returns many usefull notes, like 111886.1 "how to setup logminer".

Nicolás Marjovsky <nmarjovs_at_insite.com.ar> schreef in berichtnieuws 437b1332.0208310825.50af591a_at_posting.google.com...