RMAN - Failed due ti could not find file.

From: <SUSOTT_at_amnutrition.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:15:55 -0600

I have Oracle 8i instance running on Win2k(pc name oraprod). I have the OEM installed in another instance (8i) on a seperate Win2k (pc name anioracle01). I am running the console from a laptop.

I can create and schedule a backup for the instance on oraprod. As soon as it starts executing, I am receiving in the job output Failed with the job output detail window showing "Could not find C:\winnt\temp\2072150336.9"
No other messages are present that I have been able to locate. When I check on the pc (oraprod), I find the file in the specified directory.
The user I am using for backups is Admin equilivant with log on as a batch rights on both pcs (And can read/write to the directory).

Could someone tell me what I am missing or where to look for probable causes? Received on Fri Aug 30 2002 - 16:15:55 CDT