Re: slow import

From: <kennethkoenraadt_at_no-spam.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:43:35 GMT

If you really can't/won't' restart your database :

a)If it is possible regarding data integrity, try disabling the indexes and rebuild them after the import.

b) Increase the sort_area_size to, say 100 Mb.

If that doesn't help, and you are willing to restart the database, I would look at some SGA parameters, especially I would try to increase parameter db_block_buffers, it may be undersized.