Starting Oracle on Unix Reboot

From: audrey <audrey_at_marketaccess.ca>
Date: 30 Aug 2002 06:55:38 -0700

Hi All!

I'm a newbie to Unix and think I am missing a command in my start up script on unix. Here's the situation.

A client of mine has a unix true 64 box with Oracle 8.1.7. I finally managed to install Oracle with no errors, was able to create a database, create tables, enter data, etc. Everything was working wonderfully until I tried rebooting the box.

When I reboot, my start up script starts the listener with no problems (I can see the process when I type the ps ax command). I also have my script run dbstart, I edited the ora_tab file and changed the N to a Y. My start up script also runs the dbstart command. After the start up script is run, I look at my ps ax and none of my database processes are started.

I have discovered that if I run dbassist and select the reconfigure option, select the database and hit the next button, the database processes are then started. Obviously, there is something in this UI that starts the process. I don't know what that command would be as I am new to unix.

Does anyone know what I am missing in my start up script?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Audrey Received on Fri Aug 30 2002 - 08:55:38 CDT