Re: db buffer cache

From: Ricky Sanchez <rsanchez_at_more.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:15:10 GMT

Jonathan-

This is correct. It is a return of a current mode buffer rather than a clone buffer. Significant in that the call that bumps this statistic never clones a buffer. The work saving can be quite significant, when you think about all the work that can go into cloning a buffer and pinning associated undo blocks, reading trans table to find the undo, potential undo of the trans table, corresponding additional latch gets, etc.