Re: using dbv to check a segment

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:57:49 +1000

Hi Lothar,

Spot on !!

I actually used this many months ago while I was still at Oracle and I remember scratching my head at the time in that the required values were not obvious (to a slow wit like me anyway).

Anyway, after a few goes, I got it to work using the relative file number and it picked up all the segments I was after. However, I realise now that by good luck rather than good anything else, both the tablespace number and relative file numbers were quite likely the same !!

Ignorance is bliss ;)

Richard