Re: sort area and temp in 9i

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:29:44 +1000

Hi Howard,

I think Michael is asking what to set the uniform size if you set a pga aggregate target (and hence don't actually set a sort_area_size).

The standard sort_area_size should influence the size of the uniform size in the temp tablespace but I strongly doubt Oracle will do this the other way around.

It's a good question and one for which I don't have an immediate answer, although I'm working on it ...

Cheers

Richard