Re: help: contents of db buffer

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon-verwijderdit.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:47:26 +0200

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:11:08 GMT, "charlie s" <cs3526(delete this word)@yahoo.com> wrote:

>We are using the following sql to get the contents of db buffer of 8i
>
>select kcbwbpd.bp_name,
>o.name,
>count(*) BLOCKS
>from sys.x$kcbwds kcbwds,
>sys.x$kcbwbpd kcbwbpd,
>sys.x$bh bh, sys.obj$ o
>Where kcbwds.set_id >= kcbwbpd.bp_lo_sid
>and kcbwds.set_id <= kcbwbpd.bp_hi_sid
>and kcbwbpd.bp_size != 0
>and bh.indx between start_buf# and end_buf#
>and o.dataobj# = bh.obj
>and bh.state !=0
>and o.owner# !=0
>and bp_name like upper('%K%')
>group by kcbwbpd.bp_name, o.name
>
>but it does not work on 9i
>I got the following error,
>ERROR at line 10:
>ORA-00904: "END_BUF#": invalid identifier
>
>Could somebody help me out?
>Thanks

Please issue
describe x$bh
connected as SYS
I'm also wondering why you don't use the v$bh view, instead the underlying tables which might be and probably will change from release to release

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 13:47:26 CDT