'select <subquery>' not allowed in materialized view?

From: Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:41:53 GMT

I can create a table with this subquery but not a materialized view. The Oracle documentation for CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW says "any valid SQL subquery". Apparently that's not true. Does somebody know where this (and other?) restrictions are documented?

create table t_subq as
select (select dummy from dual) as dummy from dual
/

Table created.

create materialized view mv_subq as
select (select dummy from dual) as dummy from dual
/

select (select dummy from dual) as dummy

       *
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-22818: subquery expressions not allowed here

Obviously, this is just a demonstration of the problem not the actual query I want to use.

Richard Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 13:41:53 CDT