Redo Log help

From: Rogbaker <rogbaker_at_gdi.net>
Date: 29 Aug 2002 09:41:15 -0700

We are using Oracle 8.1.7 and are in the process of a PeopleSoft upgrade test move. We have an APP Engine program running very long and and sql script running very long simultaneously. Looking in the alert log, I have seen multiple
'Cannot allocate new log' and 'Checkpoing not complete' messages. These upgrade scripts/programs do move a ton of data. I have added more 2 more log groups, which seem to have handled the error messages, but how frequently should the database advance to a new log group? It is happening like every 30 seconds.
Right now I have:
groups #1-5 with 2 10M members
group #6 with 2 15M members
group #7 with 2 20M members

Thanks for any help,
Roger Baker
Seminole Co. Public Schools Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 11:41:15 CDT