Help: Sqlplus glogin setting

From: Joe Sath <u705413818_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:58:16 GMT

Hi,
I used to set glogin.sql as follows,
set termout off
select
  user || ' @ ' || global_name || ':' || chr(10) || 'SQL> ' prompt from
  global_name

set termout on
set feedback on
set sqlprompt "&Prompt"

this way, whenever I login,
my prompt will be look like this

SYSTEM @ dev1:
SQL> so I can tell which user, and which database I am logging in.

But now we are using 9i RAC, and now all the instance I am login has the same prompt like this

SYSTEM @ RAC9i:
SQL> there is noway I can tell which instance I am logging in. I was trying  to grant select on v$instance to public, but I got error

SQL> grant select on v$instance to public; grant select on v$instance to public

                *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02030: can only select from fixed tables/views

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

--
Sent by joebayerii from  hotmail part of com