Re: Oracle Object Oriented Model. Any hints?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:52:02 +0400

My $0.02: If you really want to try OR (not truly OO as in Object-Oriented, but Object-Relational) features of Oracle, look at object views. These were meant as a way to migrate from relational to object-relational model, but appeared to be more useful as replacement for native o-r support in Oracle. You keep relational data model and you create a set of object views over it allowing you to explore this same data in object-relational way, without all that overhead Oracle adds for managing o-r data storage and relations. Data can be easily manipulated both ways and yet it is still pretty manageable since it is stored in classic relational way, where Oracle excels.