Re: ORACLE SETUP DIES AFTER FIRST SCREEN

From: BFFDMS03 <dms-pilot03_at_bff.admin.ch>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:04:56 +0200

hi

Look at http://www.oracle.com/forums/message.jsp?id=313819 or search the discussion formus on the otn for "pentium 4" there you will find a workaround. but have a good look at the oui_location. in my version the oui_location pointed to a wrong directory. after i made all the changes correctly the setup worked properly.

have fun with it ;-)
andi

http://www.dpsp-yes.com
> Dynamic PSP(tm) - the first true RAD toolkit for Oracle-based internet
applications.
> All opinions are mine and do not necessarily go in line with those of my
employer.

> "Mihail Daskalov" <mdaskalo_at_tlogica.com> wrote in message
> > "Sud Bhatt" <Kathmandu7_at_Yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Just got my New Dell (WINDOWS 2000). I am trying to install Oracle8i.
As
> > > soon as I load the CD I get a screen with three options
"INSTALL/DEINSTALL",
> > > "EXPLORE", "BROWSE DOCUMENTATION". After I click on INSTALL/DEINSTALL
> > > button, nothing shows up. The setup simply dies. I even went to
Install