Re: Garbage collection not happening?

From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies_at_pg.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:59:01 +0200

Jacy Grannis wrote:
> I have a very curious problem that I can not figure out a good cause
> for. Here's the story: we are using iPlanet 6.0sp2 on jdk1.3.1, and
> Oracle 8.1.7.

Here is a dirty trick for you. It has nothing to do directly with gc, but it helped me few times when working with oracle driver. Put it somewhere before Connections are initialized

static {

      oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleLog.TRACE = true;
      oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleLog.setLogStream(System.out);
}

I have no idea how it will work in iPlanet - I used it only for standalone application.

Artur Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 03:59:01 CDT