Re: Agent Configuration Assistant fails on installation

From: Vimal <chakingal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2002 15:33:45 -0700

I am running into the same issue in XP-Home. I had downloade the 9i software from the Oracle site. It always fails to instal the Agent Configuration Assistant. It says that is as an optional tool.... but when i try to login as scott/tiger_at_dbname, it gives a tnsnames timeout message.
I tried stopping the Shell Hardware detection service also. I am trying to install it on a Dell PC.
Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge. Vimal.