Re: Help! ORA-01658 on import, and with plenty of space

From: Pedro Mercado <mercadop_at_expertx.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2002 09:54:56 -0700

Norman (fast learner),

Thank you for your attachment. I am currently going through it. I am also going through the defrag whitepaper. As a novice, this is information I have been needing for quite some time now. I appreciate your interest and assistance on my problem. Your explanation makes sense to me, and after checking the stats on the tablespace, I see a lot less fragmentation in the import of the data, even though I paid a small price on speed.

Thanks,
Pedro Mercado