Re: Oracle RDB - what is it ?

From: Robert A.M. van Lopik <lopik_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:42:56 +0100

Right. Oracle has two products on VMS: their own database (classic), now at 9i release 1 with release 2 scheduled for october, and the former Digital product Rdb. The latter is still being developed, and mostly by it's original developers. Rdb has gained SQLnet so it can play along with some of the Oracle tools. It has also donated some of it's technology to Oracle classic, like the log miner if I'm not misstaken.

rob van lopik