Re: RAC on Linux

From: Steve <sroesch3_at_attbi.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 22:32:31 -0700

Hi Ronny,

yes it's possible, but some information is missing.

I assume as interconnect 4 pivate gigabit ethernet cards connected with
a gigabit switch.

The os cluster software is part of the oracle software package.

What you haven't mentioned is the middle tier part. How do you want to do the load balancing? Is ias used or do you intend to use some other form of load balancing. The form of load balancing used also has an impact on the performance.

Regards
Steve