Re: HOTBACKUP Help!

From: Chuckster <chuckycarson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:16:21 -0700

Here is the problem I am having:

I am taking the hotbackup from a production machine and placing it on a development box that is identical. (same everything). I place all the files in the appropriate directory structure and when I try to start the instance I get this error:

ORA-01589: must use RESETLOGS or NORESETLOGS option for database open

Is this what I should see?

Thanks,
CC

"Anton Buijs" <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:akgr1t$it9$1_at_news1.xs4all.nl...
> From what you wrote: nothing wrong with it.
> Some ideas:
> 1. Full filenames of controlfiles are specified in the init.ora parameter
> file
> 2. Init.ora parameters db_name and db_block_size must be the same for the
> test db and the original production db (you can rename db_name later if
you
> want).
> 3. After end backup mode a log switch must be done (must be in the book
for
> sure)
> 4. All archived logs between begin backup mode till the one written by the
> forced switch are required for a succesfull complete recovery of the
> database using this backup
> 5. Operating system on the test platform must be the same as the
production
> platform. And a 32-bit OS is not the same as a 64-bit OS.
>
> To be able to tell more you really must:
> 1. specify platform and version and Oracle server version (as you always
> should)
> 2. be more specific in what the problems are like the Oracle errors that
> occur, the precise sequence of events.
>
> Chuckster <chuckycarson_at_yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 3d6bdbe4_5_at_corp-goliath.newsgroups.com...
> |
> | Can anyone point me to some online resources or recommend any books that
> | cover everything a dummy need to know about hot backups? I have the
Oracle

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 18:16:21 CDT