UTL_HTTP.REQUEST does not work...

From: Roch <roch.daneau_at_xwave.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 13:07:46 -0700

Hello all...

Was wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem I am having with the utl_http package for Oracle 8i.

Am trying to use the oracle8i utl_http.request method to get a webpage from the internet.

Am using http://www.oracle.com/ for the url, which works fine within a browser, but wont work inside the sqlplus prompt. Am using the same machine for the browser and Oracle SQLPLUS. In fact, 8i is also installed on the same machine (win2000).

We are behind a firewall, so am also passing in the proxy server (the actual proxy server is not the same as the sample, but I did in fact use a good proxy address that works with my IE browser).

Problem is that it wont get the page... It tells me the directory listing is denied!! Can anyone help with this one?

Thanks... here is an excerpt of my trial...

SQL> select utl_http.request('http://www.oracle.com/', 'my-proxy.domainname/proxy_file.pac') from dual;

UTL_HTTP.REQUEST('http://WWW.ORACLE.COM/','MY-PROXY.DOMAINNAME/PROXY_FILE.PAC')

allow con
tents to be listed.</body></html>

SQL> Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 15:07:46 CDT