Analyze table problem

From: Tobie Berthon <tberthon_at_adapsys.ca>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 11:58:20 -0700

I ran an "analyze table .. estimate statistics" command against one table to find the average row length of the data in the table. Later that day, I received complaints that a number of our batch jobs had slowed to a crawl (2 min job running for an hour). I knew that it wasn't the programs at fault and we were able to determine that the joins to that particular table weren't working. It was like the primary key had become invalid. Once I deleted the statistics the jobs all ran fine again. What happened here? By the way, I'm running Oracle 8.0.5 on AIX 4.3.3. Thanks Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 13:58:20 CDT