using dbv to check a segment

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:41:25 +0200

Hello out there,

I have some problems checking a database segment with dbv on Oracle 9.0.1.3 on W2k.

First, the docs say I should use

dbv userid=user/password segment_id=tsn.relfile.block

Since the docs also say dbv has to connect as sysdba I tried connecting as sys but I cannot say
dbv userid=sys/syspwd ...

Then I tried

dbv userid="sys/syspwd as sysdba" ...

but that also failed.
Now what ist the correct syntax to call dbv with sys as sysdba?

Second, I lack some understanding of the segment_id.

To get relfile and block I say

select haeder_file,haeder_block from dba_segments where segment_name='MY_TABLE';

But what does tsn mean? I guessed "table segment name", is that correct?

Can someone point me to some docs where this is explained?

I searched the docs for tsn but just found the small description of dbv. Are there some examples getting the segment_id for a given table/index?

Many thanks in advance,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de