Locklevel

From: Dirk Scheer <dirk.scheer_at_stadt-mh.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:08:43 +0200

Hello out there,

can anybody tell me, what the default lock level of an Oracle database is? If I do a

select ... from ... for update;

Are there only the records found locked? Is it possible to lock a complete block?

If it sounds a little bit strange to you: I'm coming from Informix. This database distinguishes between row level and page level locking. Are there comparable mechanism in Oracle?

Thx in advance...
Dirk

--
Stadt Mülheim an der Ruhr