Re: Build Indexes as Scheduled task?

From: Iain Dickens <iain.dickens_at_wgrant.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 05:02:42 -0700

Hi,

ETL (informatica) is on Win2K and does have pre/post session where I can call batch file that runs scripts to drop/build indexes. This is a little messy as I have to maintain batch files, SQL files and ensure if ETL schedules are altered that the PRE/POST session is amended. I was hoping to submit from DBMS_JOBS and maintain only two procedures (drop and create) where I can apply conditions at database level. As PL/SQL does not support DDL directly I am really looking for an alternative where I maintain 2 procedures (or similar). But obviously less maintenance than post session from ETL tool. It may well be I would be better sticking to what I have at the moment as it does work.

Thanks

Iain Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 07:02:42 CDT