Re: Oracle Names and Firewall

From: Mik <me_at_you.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:45:02 GMT

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:18:49 +0200, Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>The manual would have given you the answer NO
>Also you are compromising security if you put the names server before
>the firewall.
>
>Regards

OK.
Suppose that i put names server behind firewall my question is:

with this configuration i must activate a connection manager on Db

client --> firewall --> Names --> Db

how a generic client can find right route using the information passed by names server ?

i can open port 1575 and 1610 (default) to communicate trough firewall to names but Names server don't give information about a connection manager to a remote client.

Thanks sybrand

Mike Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 03:45:02 CDT