Re: Build Indexes as Scheduled task?

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:57:09 -0500

What platform is your ETL tool running on and doesn't it provide for before and after actions for scheduled jobs?

In my DWH load process my ETL tool ( DataStage from Ascential Software running on Solaris 8) runs my jobs in the early AM and drops the indexes before the job runs and recreates them after.

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Mon Aug 26 2002 - 15:57:09 CDT