Re: Oracle Certificate??

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:03:37 GMT

Unbreakable wrote:

> Is it worth it? I only need to spend total of $1,000. US. Buy the
> online exam ($59 each X 4) and 4 exam fees ($150 X4). The pratice
> exam claim guranteee you pass.
>
> I setup the oralce 9i in home PC under linux with Tomcat. I put the
> pet store (Jsp sample) into it and do some custom project. Using
> dns2go to publish my site. I do learn more in the seocnd way.
>
> If the certificate cannot get me the job I wanted. What's the
> point. How can I get an Oracle job I always dream of? Even unpaid
> internship?
>
> Microsoft job is very easy to get start. But I feel there a
> limitation for a VB/ASP with SQL Server. There's no different between
> 5 and 10 years of experience of Microsoft. However, Oracle with
> jsp(EJB. Java, J2EE) is hard to get start but I do see the potential.
>
> So, am I making a right decision going for Oracle? I might never
> get an Oralce job? SHould I give up and head for Microsft stuff.

Depends on where you are. In the US Pacific Northwest I've never heard of anyone even asking. And I consider them to be worth about as much as recycled paper. Would you want a physician or attorney that passed their licensing test with a cram book?

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Aug 26 2002 - 11:03:37 CDT