Help: dimension creation

From: Joe Sath <u705413818_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:33:28 GMT

I have a table like this
SQL> desc kdate

 ----------------------------------------- -------- --------------
 KDATE                                              NUMBER
 POLLTIME                                           DATE
 YEAR                                               VARCHAR2(4)
 MONTH                                              VARCHAR2(2)
 DAY                                                VARCHAR2(2)
 HOUR                                               VARCHAR2(2)
 MINUTE                                             VARCHAR2(2)

typical row will be like this

    KDATE YEAR MO DA HO MI
--------- ---- -- -- -- --

        1 2002 03 01 00 00
        2 2002 03 01 00 01
        3 2002 03 01 00 02
        4 2002 03 01 00 03
        5 2002 03 01 00 04
        6 2002 03 01 00 05
        7 2002 03 01 00 06
        8 2002 03 01 00 07
        9 2002 03 01 00 08
       10 2002 03 01 00 09
       11 2002 03 01 00 10

I created my dimension like this

  create dimension dim_test
  level min is kdate.minute
  level h is kdate.hour
  level d is kdate.day

     level mon is kdate.month
     level yr    is kdate.year

  hierarchy calendar_rollup (
    min child of
    h child of
    d child of
    mon child of
     yr);

Dimension created.

SQL> execute dbms_olap.validate_dimension ('DIM_TEST','SCOTT',false,true);

SQL> select count(*) from mview$_exceptions;

  COUNT(*)

      1337

which is all that I have in table kdate.

What that I did was wrong?

Thanks for your hlep.

--
Sent by joebayerii  from  hotmail  piece from  com