Re: build a tamper-proof server?

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:16:00 GMT

kmv_dev_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone suggest ideas on how to build a tamper-proof
> server? i.e. I want to let my applications (an appserver)
> to access the db, insert, and do whatever it needs to
> complete the task. But once the transaction is committed,
> all events must be logged, time-stamped and digitally
> signed, and none of the records can be removed/modified
> (not even by a dba).
>
> Any suggestion is welcome.
>
> xx

It is impossible to make a tamper-proof system. There is nothing you can do to any database system that meets your requirements whether Oracle or any other.

But you can easily audit activity and very easily mine the log files to identify who has done what and when.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Aug 26 2002 - 10:16:00 CDT