gather_schema_stats

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:09:54 -0400

Does dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats gather index stats by default or not? The documentation on the CASCADE parameter seems to indicate that it does not, but the documentation on the OPTION parameter seems to indicate that it does. First it says that CASCADE must be set to true (default is false) to do indexes. But the default for OPTION is "GATHER" which means to gather stats on *all* schema objects and the last time I checked, indexes were considered objects. If I run the following, will it or will it not gather index stats?

BEGIN
DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS(
    ownname => 'PSOFT',
    estimate_percent => 25);
END; Received on Mon Aug 26 2002 - 09:09:54 CDT