Re: commit point reached

From: Sally Pearce <sally.pearce_at_ncr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:09:19 +0100

I think it may be the commit every 7 rows that is being perceived as the problem, rather than the messages themselves.

If so, you can increase the interval between commits by using the bindsize parameter. As it says in the manual ' in general you gain large improvements in peformance with each increase in the bind size array size up to 100 rows. The size (in bytes) of 100 rows is typically a good value to use.'

Alternatively you can specify the number of rows by using the options clause in the control file to indicate the number of rows to be loaded per commit.