Re: Limitation of download Oracle version?

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2002 16:53:35 -0700

The software available for download from the Oracle Technology Network website are full-function, full-version, no time-limit versions.

I think Oracle are working on the premise that you can download them and use them as much as you like, but eventually you are going to want support (especially when you start to put Production stuff on it). That's when you have to pay.

I applaud Oracle for this, it has enabled me to grab copies of stuff for which we are licensed but the software media has been lost, which happens all the time in large organisations (someone wants to 'borrow' the CD and it never gets returned. It has also enabled me to install and run the Linux versions at home and to be able to tell my management "yes, it works, I have installed it OK.".