Re: ora-01555 on 7.3.4.5

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:54:10 +0200

You have done a lot already. It's clear that some blocks or rows in a block have a wrong structure.
Can't Oracle Support give you some events to set in init.ora to make an export that skips the problem blocks?
And then make a hex dump of the skipped blocks. From the dumps you can manually reconstruct the data, knowing how Oracle stores the different data types. That's discussed in the Oracle Internals training. Result is a script with insert into ... values ... statements to get missing data back. A lot of work but when the data is important.... Hopefully it's only a few blocks. A colleague has done this once when we had a few real corrupt blocks (it was V6.0.33 if I recall it well).

Martin Dohse <mdohse_at_web.de> schreef in berichtnieuws 3D693DFC.9000500_at_web.de...