ora-01555 on 7.3.4.5

From: Martin Dohse <mdohse_at_web.de>
Date: 25 Aug 2002 19:15:36 GMT

Hej all,

a customer is running an ora 7.3.4.5 on windows nt. Since a few weeks they're working with an indexed table that is the more or less not accessable, e.g. no export, no select * etc. - every action is running into ora-01555 referencing always the same rbs.

We tried to create a copy by create table as select, but that did not work.

We deleted the rbs given in the error message - just to get the same message referencing the same old rbs.

OSS sugested the typical way to handle ora-01555, but we think the table contains something like old snapshot data like having a system hang and incorrectly recovering after restart.

We were able to find a few data blocks that are no longer accessable, so we tried to exclude them for a next create table attempt, but again it did not work.

We think best way should be to write an external prog to extract all data that can be accessed, but perhaps someone does have a better sugestion...

Martin Received on Sun Aug 25 2002 - 14:15:36 CDT