Re: Control files and data files

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:36:00 +0100

"Yanick Hudon" <yannik_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:OwW99.11399$sY3.2150920_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> Hi again,.
>
> I need to recover the database for getting the datas in it otherwise,
> i'll have to reenter all datas...
>
> The following is what i did with the error message:
>
> I did what some of you suggested me, i copied all the control files
and
> the configuration files
> like listener.ora, tnsnames.ora, .... and so on.
>
> Now after a reformat and a creation of the same database, i have no
> problem to access it,
> when i replace the control files and the configurations files by
copying
> them and i try to access
> the database, i receive this error: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization
or
> shutdown in progress
>

> I'm using Oracle 9i on W2K SP2.

I am assuming that you have recreated the Windows services so can you do the following.

  1. using sqlplus issue connect / as sysdba (*or connect sys/internal password as sysdba)
  2. issue shutdown abort;
  3. issue startup mount. (you should get a message database mounted or words to that effect)
  4. issue alter database open. now you should get your actual error messge. Post back with this error message if you don't understand what it is telling you.
--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA