extent allocation

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2002 06:25:02 -0700

Just a simple question. Sorry if this question has been asked many times.

In a locally managed tablespace, if I have a table that has 100 extents allocated per day vs a table that has 1 extent allocated per day, does it matter? I am trying to understand if extent allocation has some impact on performance. My guess is yes because the extent allocation map or whatever you call it needs to be updated everytime an extent is allocated to a segment. Is the impact really that big a deal?
I know the number of extents allocated to a segment does not really matter in a LMT tablespace.

thanks
Daud Received on Sun Aug 25 2002 - 08:25:02 CDT