Re: ODBC failure from Access 97 to Oracle 8.1.7 database

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:41:04 +0200

The objects accessed in views like ALL_TABLES are OBJ$, USER$ etc. They are owned by SYS and there are no privs granted on these objects, not even to SYSTEM or a DBA role.

You can get the execution plan only when you run this script as SYS. Believe me, you don't want to see it. The plan returned 154 lines when I tested your script (V8.1.5 Personal, Win98). And then: how would you change it? Add, alter or drop indexes on the $-tables? Not supported by Oracle.
You may be more lucky to search on Metalink. Maybe you find a bugfix.

Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net> schreef in berichtnieuws uh3hmu0dqjsoq9l44vmlsm9ur303flnqdh_at_4ax.com...